TimeforWhisky.com has partnered with Irish distillery Tullamore D.E.W who are offering one reader the chance to win 2 x tickets to an afternoon of Irish whiskey tasting with Irish whiskey expert (and Tullamore D.E.W’s Global Brand Ambassador) John Quinn, who’s currently visiting Australia from the distillery in Ireland. The prize also includes 2 x bottles of Tullamore D.E.W Irish Whiskey. The competition is open to all Australian residents, though the winner must make their own way to/from the venue in Sydney.
The tasting, to be held at Sydney's The Potting Shed (within the Grounds of Alexandria) on Friday 27th June at 4:30pm will see guests tasting a number of Tullamore D.E.W whiskies, including those unavailable in Australia such as the Cask Strength “Phoenix" and highly acclaimed four cask 10 Year Old Single Malt. From our own tasting a few months ago, the Cask Strength “Phoenix” is a fantastic dram, and we personally can’t wait to try the single malt. This won’t be any normal tasting, however, as the tasting will see John “deconstruct” Tullamore D.E.W into its key three elements - Pot Still Whiskey, Malt Whiskey and Grain Whiskey, tasting whiskey direct from distillery stocks! The tasting will also include an opportunity to create your own unique Tullamore D.E.W from these elements.
The Irish pride themselves on a good toast, they toast to love, to honour, to good health and a full life. It’s all a part of their nation’s lilt for language, an art form tinged with that famous Irish wit and master of the verbal. In Irish True style, John will offer up a traditional Irish Toast to accompany each of the 4 Tullamore D.E.W whiskies on tasting.
In addition to soaking up John’s immense knowledge, unique sense of humour, wit and passion for whisky/whiskey the winner and guest will have the chance to ask John anything they wish to know about whisky/whiskey and leave with a better understanding of how to taste and appreciate Irish whiskey.
John's visit also marks the announcement of a new Irish whiskey distillery in Tullamore, Co Offaly. Due to start production in September 2014, the distillery will bring Tullamore D.E.W. whiskey production back to its roots, in the heart of Ireland for the first time in 60 years.
Enter the competition for a chance to join TimeforWhisky at this unique tasting event by following the simple instructions below. Hope to see you there!
How to enter:
You can enter via one of two ways:
- Simply post a tweet, making sure you include include @TimeforWhisky and the hashtag #TullamoreDEWComp, explaining what Irish whiskey means to you.
- Post a comment on this blog entry, explaining what Irish whiskey means to you.
It could be one word or you could write an essay - be as creative as you like, but you only have until 11:59pm AEDST on Tuesday 24th June 2014, so get in quick! The winner will be selected by Tullamore D.E.W, and the competition is subject to the Terms and Conditions below.
- Steph & Martin.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter & prizes form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
2. Entry is open to all residents from Sydney, Australia. Entrants must be 18 years or over (“Eligible Entrant”) and the winner must provide proof of age to confirm that they are 18 years of age or over. Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. The promotion starts at 12:01am Friday 20th June 2014 & closes at 11:59pm AEDST on Tuesday 24th June 2014 (“Promotion Period”).
4. To enter, follow these steps:
You can enter via one of two ways:
Simply post a tweet, making sure you include include @TimeforWhisky and the hashtag #TullamoreDEWComp, explaining what Irish whiskey means to you.
Post a comment on this blog entry, explaining what Irish whiskey means to you.
5. Entry is limited to no more than once per calendar day. Every entry made by the Eligible Entrant during the Competition Period must be different.
6. This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the identity of the prize-winner. Every valid entry received will be judged on its merit. The judge will award the prize to entry it judges to be the best.
7. The prize is valued up to $800 recommended retail price (“RRP”) and includes: two tickets to an afternoon of tasting and toasting with Tullamore DEW Irish whiskey and two bottles of Tullamore DEW Irish whiskey
8. The prize event will be held on the 27th June 2014 at 4:30 PM to 6:30PM. The tasting date cannot be changed, and the winner must be able to attend on this date in order to accept the prize.
9. Judging will be completed at the Promoter’s Agency at 32 Grosvenor Place, The Rocks, NSW 2000, by 5pm Wednesday 25th June 2014
10. The winner will be notified via telephone call and / or writing within 24 hours of the prize draw via phone and / or email
11. Prize values are correct at time of publishing blog post but no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize. Any additional costs outside the event tasting are the responsibility of the winner. Additional costs might include travel, accommodation and any meal outside of the tasting event.
12. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. If any prize remains unclaimed by 12:00PM AEST on Thursday 26th June 2014, despite the Promoter’s best efforts to contact any prize winner, then subject to any written directions given by a relevant lotteries or gaming authority the Promoter may conduct an unclaimed prize draw at the same time and place as the original draw on that date to award an unclaimed prize. The first valid entry drawn will win the prize of the highest value and the prize draw will continue until all unclaimed prizes have been awarded. The name and postcode of any winner of such a draw will appear at www.timeforwhisky.com
14. Each entry becomes the property of the Promoter.
15. Subject to the approval process required by any relevant gaming or lotteries authority, in the event that any prize item is unavailable despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value.
16. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
17. The Promoter is Tullamore DEW ABN: 59 142 683 145 trading as William Grant & Sons of Level 21, Pacific Highway, North Sydney NSW 2060